The WMU Alumni Association Call Center is part of University Advancement at WMU. Our mission is to provide a connection between alumni/friends and the University and to solicit funds for WMU. We employ 50-60 Student Alumni Ambassadors and offers successful Student Alumni Ambassadors of Fundraising (SAA Fundraisers) the opportunity to move into a day shift or other open student positions within University Advancement.
The Alumni Association Call Center is a fun-filled atmosphere with flexible schedule availability. The SAA Fundraiser can work 5:45-9:00 p.m. M/W or T/TH with a mandatory rotating weekend shift of Saturday 12 p.m.-3 p.m. or Sunday 5:45-9 p.m. (weekend schedule may change due to campus events). The SAA Fundraiser must commit to a minimum of three shifts per week. The pay rate begins at $10.00/hour.
SAA Fundraiser responsibilities
- Professionally represent WMU
- Correctly and carefully update alumni record information
- Build rapport with alumni
- Follow the call guidelines
- Inform staff of alumni concerns or requests
- Accurately record the results for each contact
- Provide complete and thorough information to alumni of all campaigns
- Solicit funds for WMU
- After the first evaluation, the fundraiser must continue to receive satisfactory evaluations
- Other duties assigned by Staff
Why Work Here?
- Nightly games and festive theme shifts
- Pizza nights
- End of the year banquet
- Short shifts— 3.5 hours
- Time off for all University closure
Successful SAA Fundraisers have the following qualities:
- Extreme loyalty to and pride for WMU
- Confidence, enthusiasm, and the ability to build rapport
- Knowledge of valid and interesting WMU facts
- Ability to properly deal with rejection
- Appreciation towards alumni and donors
- Current student at WMU in good academic standing
- Personable and enjoyable to speak with
- Self-motivated and demonstrates timeliness
- Willingness to learn new tasks and immediately implement them
- Have a full understanding and command of the English language
- Applications are currently being accepted for the upcoming semester.
- Once hired, you will have the option of enrolling in direct deposit.
For hiring and related questions: (269) 387-8720