The WMU Alumni Association Call Center is part of the Office of Development & Alumni Relations at WMU. Our mission is to provide a connection between alumni/friends and the University and to solicit funds for WMU. We employ 50-60 Student Alumni Ambassadors and offers successful Student Alumni Ambassadors of Fundraising (SAA Fundraisers) the opportunity to move into a day shift or other open student positions within Development & Alumni Relations.
The Alumni Association Call Center is a fun-filled atmosphere with flexible schedule availability. The SAA Fundraiser can work 5:45-9:00 p.m. M/W or T/TH with a mandatory rotating weekend shift of Saturday 12 p.m.-3 p.m. or Sunday 5:45-9 p.m. (weekend schedule may change due to campus events). The SAA Fundraiser must commit to a minimum of three shifts per week. The pay rate begins at $10.00/hour.
SAA Fundraiser responsibilities
- Professionally represent WMU
- Correctly and carefully update alumni record information
- Build rapport with alumni
- Follow the call guidelines
- Inform staff of alumni concerns or requests
- Accurately record the results for each contact
- Provide complete and thorough information to alumni of all campaigns
- Solicit funds for WMU
- After the first evaluation, the fundraiser must continue to receive satisfactory evaluations
- Other duties assigned by Staff
Why Work Here?
- Nightly games and festive theme shifts
- Pizza nights
- End of the year banquet
- Short shifts— 3.5 hours
- Time off for all University closure
Successful SAA Fundraisers have the following qualities:
- Extreme loyalty to and pride for WMU
- Confidence, enthusiasm, and the ability to build rapport
- Knowledge of valid and interesting WMU facts
- Ability to properly deal with rejection
- Appreciation towards alumni and donors
- Current student at WMU in good academic standing
- Personable and enjoyable to speak with
- Self-motivated and demonstrates timeliness
- Willingness to learn new tasks and immediately implement them
- Have a full understanding and command of the English language
Applications are currently being accepted for the upcoming semester.
Once hired, you will have the option of enrolling in direct deposit.
For hiring and related questions: (269) 387-8720