The WMU Alumni Association Call Center is part of University Advancement at WMU. Our mission is to provide a connection between alumni/friends and the University and to solicit funds for WMU. We employ 15-30 Student Alumni Ambassadors and offer successful Student Fundraisers the opportunity to move into other open student positions within University Advancement.
The Alumni Association Call Center is a fun-filled atmosphere with flexible schedule availability.
The Student Fundraiser can work:
Monday: 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Tuesday: 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Wednesday: 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Thursday: 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Friday: 1:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.
The SAA Fundraiser must commit to a minimum of three shifts per week. The pay rate begins at $11.00/hour.
Student Fundraiser Responsibilities
- Professionally represent WMU
- Correctly and carefully update alumni record information
- Build rapport with alumni
- Follow the call guidelines
- Inform staff of alumni concerns or requests
- Accurately record the results for each contact
- Provide complete and thorough information to alumni of all campaigns
- Solicit funds for WMU
- After the first evaluation, the fundraiser must continue to receive satisfactory evaluations
- Other duties assigned by Staff
Why Work Here?
- Great opportunity for professional development
- Competitive and fun atmosphere
- End of the year banquet
- Short shifts— 3 or 3.5 hours
- Time off for all University closure
Successful Student Fundraisers have the following qualities:
- Extreme loyalty to and pride for WMU
- Confidence, enthusiasm, and the ability to build rapport
- Knowledge of valid and interesting WMU facts
- Ability to properly deal with rejection
- Appreciation towards alumni and donors
- Current student at WMU in good academic standing
- Personable and enjoyable to speak with
- Self-motivated and demonstrates timeliness
- Willingness to learn new tasks and immediately implement them
- Have a full understanding and command of the English language
- Applications are currently being accepted for the upcoming semester.
- Once hired, you will have the option of enrolling in direct deposit.
For hiring and related questions: (269) 387-8720