Mr. Ludlow joined The Upjohn Company in 1950 as a management trainee. In 1964 he was named treasurer and one year later was elected to the board of directors.
He retired in 1984 as vice president and treasurer. Mr. Ludlow was a member of the WMU Board of Trustees from 1964 to 1986 and twice served as its chairman.
He was one of the original directors of the WMU Foundation and a trustee of the W.K. Foundation, the Greater Kalamazoo United Way, and the Girl Scouts, among others.